This is a quick guide to syncing your New/Mode actions to Hubspot, from creating an integration in your organization to customizing field mapping on individual actions.
Adding a Hubspot integration to your Organization
Before you begin, make sure you have:
- Your Hubspot Portal ID (Hub ID). Your Hub ID is visible in the upper right-hand corner of your screen when you're logged into Hubspot.
- A Hubspot form to associate with the campaign tool you'll be connecting to Hubspot.
- Follow the steps to Create an Integration.
- Once you have selected Hubspot as your CRM, you'll be asked to enter that Portal ID:
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
You will be taken to your new Integration Setup page, where you'll be able to View or Edit it later:
Follow the Click here link in the prompt to establish or test your connect. You will be taken to your Hubspot account, or if your connection has already been established, you'll see a confirmation on your Hubspot service page:
You can always get back to this page to Edit or View your Integration Setup by clicking the link that is now visible under Integrations on the right-hand side of your Dashboard:
Connecting your Hubspot integration with an Action
- In your New/Mode action, open the Edit tab, and scroll down to the Integrations section of the Basic Configuration page. Select your ActionKit integration from the 'CRM Integration' menu and click on 'Save & Next' to complete the process.
- Once you have connected a specific tool to Hubspot, you will be prompted to continue configuring your integration. Click the provide it here link:
- You will be taken to a page titled Add new Hubspot API target. You will need to select the Hubspot form you want to be associated with your campaign tool, and you'll be able to select from a list of all your Hubspot forms:
- Once you Save your new target, you'll be sent to your CRM Integrations page, which is always accessible through a tool's Advanced settings dropdown menu. This page lists all the components of the campaign tool you're working with.
- On this page, you can also navigate back to your Add new Hubspot API target screen through the Edit Hubspot API link:
Syncing the fields in your Action to Hubspot
- Start by opening Advanced > CRM Integrations to arrive at the Sync Settings page. On your CRM Integrations page, you'll see that only the email field has been synced automatically to the associated Hubspot form.
The Sync Settings page has three columns:
Webform Component Hubspot Field Name Operations
A list of the fields that supporters fill out on your action.
A list of the user fields in Hubspot where the data from your action will be sent.
Where you can edit your action's field to change the Hubspot field they're linked to.
- You'll be taken to the Edit Component page for the component you want to sync. Scroll down to the Send to Hubspot API dropdown menu, and select the Hubspot form field you want to be associated with that component:
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Save button to complete the process.