Advocacy actions are how you interact with your supporters and empower them contribute to the causes that matter to them.
An Advocacy Action is an action used to connect your supporters with decision-makers. There are 6 action types to choose from.
- Email actions
- Email actions are highly personal, allowing supporters to directly email decision-makers. When creating your Action, you can craft powerful email templates to guide your supporters; or, you can use advanced features like Conditional Targetting or Randomized Paragraphs to personalize the messages sent.
- Petition actions
- Petition actions are low-barrier actions, allow your supporters to signal support for an idea symbolically. Supporters enter basic information, and press submit to sign! Petitions can be targeted at decision-makers or simply collected by your organization.
- Fax actions
- Fax actions are useful for contacting the difficult-to-contact. Much like an email action, supporters can customize or send a 1-page message template crafted by your organization. Fax actions are especially useful for contacting targets without email addresses, or, commissions who only accept feedback from fax.
- Tweet actions
- Tweet actions are highly visible actions designed for the modern internet. Supporters tweet your template messages @ targets. Utilize hashtags, and let this highly-visible action type work its magic.
- Call actions
- Call actions allow your supporters to share their voice with decision-makers - literally! Provide your supporters with a list of Key Points, and let them take their voice directly to your target's phone.
- Letters to the Editor (LTE) actions.
- Letter to the Editor actions allow your supports to easily craft letters to send to local and regional newspapers. Provide them with some Key Points to think about, and review the letters before they're sent off with our Submission Approval features.
To create an Advocacy Action, navigate to your Dashboard, and select Create an Advocacy Action, then, choose which type of action you’d like to create.
After many conversations with our subscribers, New/Mode has decided that it's time for us to deepen our focus on our core Civic Impact features. As of June 1, 2021 we pushed the pause button on our SMS keyword and outreach actions and they are no longer accessible.
We’re stepping back from SMS features that are available elsewhere and doubling down on what our community needs most from us:
- Providing campaigners with unique and valuable tools supporting the best-in-class advocacy experience
- Expanding our dataset coverage
- Improving the reliability of delivery of our messages to targets
- Enhancing our analytics capabilities to inform and power more impactful campaigns
Our vision is to establish New/Mode as the global system of record for Civic Impact work, and we are confident that with your continued support, we will be able to realize it. Thank you for your incredible work — and for being a part of our amazing community!
If SMS is an integral part of your campaign strategy please let us know and we'd be happy to make recommendations based on your specific needs – as we do with CRMs and other services in our ecosystem. Please feel free to book a 30 minute consultation with our Community Experience team to discuss the next steps for your SMS strategy.
Last updated: June 4, 2021